Friday, July 11, 2014

Prayer of Rest

Father I thank you
that you have made a way
for me to come into your presence
By faith [take a step forward]
I step into the realm of your presence
and ask you to forgive me
for doing things in my own strength.
I repent of providing for and protecting myself;
I repent of finding significance in achievements
and trying to create my own self image;
I repent of comparing myself with others.
I repent of trying to be somebody else
and trying to meet others’ expectations;
I repent of wearing masks of pretence to cover up my inadequacies;
I repent of trying to be good and righteous
using dead works
to try to please God and others;
I repent for trying to make amends for my past.
I repent for trying to maintain control of my life.
Today Jesus I wilfully, with desire,
hand over responsibility for my life over to You.
I cast all my burdens onto you
and hand over responsibility
for my family, finances and future.
I cast all my sin, guilt,
shame and condemnation onto You
I cast all my sorrows, grief,
disappointments, worry, anxiety and fear onto You.
I cast all my debts onto You;
I cast all the weight of expectation onto you;
I surrender control of my life to You.
I choose to be yoked to You Jesus:
Train me in gentleness and humility
to bring me to the place of maturity.
Now, Lord, I step back [take a step back]
into this earthly dimension,
bringing Your rest with me
to live in the eye of the storm.
I choose to live from the seat of rest.
Credit: https://freedomarc.wordpress.com/tag/jesus/

No comments:

Post a Comment