Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Proud yet Disappointed

Every time Darlene Zschech sings,

Holy, Holy, God Almighty,

the part of the song "I Adore", tears of pride and disappointment well up in my heart.

In June 2013, during Kingdom Call, the youngest of the campers were tasked to pray for the oldest, and as they prayed this song was playing. And as they prayed, the presence of God intensified in the room. And as they prayed, I felt as though they glowed. The more I reminisce about them, the more they glow.

I was proud of them. I knew they would do amazing things.

Now as I prepare for my next visit, I do not know what to expect. I have found out that many, if not all have lost the flame, and even the frontrunners of faith were starting to lose steam. Believers are turning to human idols and even blasphemy. The people whom I was proud of...what happened to you? What's with the wrong believing?

I was disappointed.

But I'll say this: I have greater confidence in Jesus' righteousness than Adam's son, and I believe that where sin increased, grace superabounded. The more they sin, the greater and more amazing the repentance, the change, and the greater the glory that God Almighty deserves.

Proud yet disappointed, but not giving up the hope. My Jesus will make it all better.

No comments:

Post a Comment