Monday, January 11, 2016

The Power of Phileo

Friendships last even when seasons don't.

Even when you're repeatedly not invited to events that your previous circle of friends do together. 'Together' probably lost much of its meaning then.

Even when a sincere text is responded with a blue tick. Trivial it may sound, but it reflects condescendence on the friendship. Or maybe just incredible busyness on their part.

Even when you repeatedly request for a catchup and the other party repeatedly procrastinates.

Yet, I, Joel Kindiak, at a ripe old age of 18.67, can say with a clear conscience—it is well with my soul. I understand that people are busy and hence neglect others. I've come to learn that one does not simply rely on friends 24/7 for fulfillment. Rely on God.

Nonetheless, their actions will not de-friend them from me. They will still hold dear to my heart, even though outwardly it doesn't look like it.

After all, friendships last even when seasons don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment