Sunday, March 23, 2014

Upcoming Projects, Powered by God's Grace

While I rarely share the bit of my personal life, I feel the FIYAH to just share about my upcoming projects, that by God's grace will be the most enriching that I will ever have! All Stars, I'll need your participation to make these projects a success!

1. Project YOLO

In this 6-month project, we're gonna start agreeing with our church leaders during sermon. We're gonna start a new culture, a culture of agreement, in Megalife. During worship, even if no one else go, we're gonna go up there and worship the Lord. It's all about radicalism, if I can give this project a theme. And during the sermon, when we are inspired by the preacher, we're gonna shout 'Amen' to encourage them as well as other believers so that we can being this culture of agreement. This project will last for 6 months and then...well, I'm gonna hope that it continues even after 6 months!

2. Project Bible

Last year, we started a Whatsapp group which included many teenagers, and in that group, we talk about the Bible. However, due to some complications, we had to close down the group. I also wanted to focus on my academics and the Bible group was a great distraction to me. (nonsense excuse, really) This time, we start the group in hopes that we grow deeper in the Word of God together and by God's grace, academics will not bother me. And we're gonna do a macro study from Genesis all the way to Revelations. It's gonna be cool, for me. Or any of us, as a matter of fact.

3. Project Revival

Well, I'm believing God for greater revival than ever before, and two things unique about it. First, the revival is effortless. In other words, pre-believers come to us instead of us trying so hard to share the gospel, and there will be great revival all over the school. Secondly, the fire that results from this revival will not die out this time around! Believers are gonna start shining for the Lord all across Anglican High School (AHS), St Andrew's Junior College (SAJC), and I believe all across Singapore. So this project focuses on just flowing with the Spirit to seize every opportunity to see effective evangelism, all by the influence and the grace of God.

Also, come revival, I personally will have a revival in friendships. This may get cheesy, but I don't have my inner circle in SAJC. I had two bros from AHS, Daniel and Jonathan, but they also moved on to other schools, (Temasek and Meridian Junior Colleges, respectively) and I'm on my own in SAJC. Come revival, which I believe tomorrow marks the start of, God will provide me a group of Christian brothers who will be with me through thick and thin. And I claim by faith, that as a trio, we can also seize opportunities for effective evangelism together! God is good!

4. Project All-Stars

We kind of started this group, a group where believers of VERY DIFFERENT personalities encourage each other with one thing in common: their love for God. Hence, we're like All-Stars in our lives but have Christ as our common identity. We love God, and this is not a legit project as much as it is to me something I treasure. All of them are relatively closer friends to me than my schoolmates, (come tomorrow, God's gonna give me God-loving, fiery Christians to be my help) and I really want them to be encouraged each morning, or in school where the persecution heats up, and we just hold each other up in prayer and in biblical love.

5. Project SOS

SOS: Song of Solomon. Tamara, Benjamin and I are gonna start on this project called SOS, where every week, we go through the book of SOS. (perhaps a micro study, chapter by chapter?) It's confusing, it's very literary and it's about marriage, something which Tamara (13 on 14) and I (16 on 17) are underaged for, but not Benjamin, (25/26) so we hope to see Benjamin's partner soon after Project SOS. ;)

So there. These are the projects which I am currently undertaking. By the grace of God may they prosper and bless the people involved. Let's do this! Especially Project YOLO; that has a time limit of 6 months! We have 6 months to change the bleargh culture in Megalife, of course, by the grace of God, and make sure I still see such strong agreement even afterward, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment