Saturday, September 27, 2014

18 September 2014

“Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

Because you look forward to the day Jesus comes again to restore our bodies, and that you may be with Him forever and ever, live a life that is set apart, like not using profanity in a community that does on a regular basis.

However, more important than the action, the commitment to love holy, is the motivation, that I'm doing all this not to get into God's good books, but because I already am in God's good books through His Son, Jesus, and this undeserved favor empowers me to go and sin no more, to honor Him in my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment