Sunday, December 7, 2014

包车 Weekend 2014

Note: "包车" is pronounced 'bao che' in Chinese. I called it such as it is the name of a special phenomenon when taking the bus (eg. no one else is on it).

15 November 2014

Joel: Hey Sam, could you accommodate me from 5 to 7 December? I intend to pay a visit...but as always, don't tell anyone.

Samuel: Okay, sure.

5 December 2014

The movie was starting at 7.30pm, and at 7.15pm I was still at Tampines, on a slow bus service 5 with a long route. I had to drop and change to service 21 to get to Downtown East as soon as possible, then dash for bus service 354 by crossing the road at a red light. Pragmatic results-based ethics allows the means to justify the ends, and ta-da! I reached church about only 20 minutes into the movie, which is a relief. On the bright side though, 包车!


ft. Spock

Samuel was just waiting outside the chapel ready to seat me down, when he told be that Faith already knew that I would be coming by inferring Samuel's "None of Self, All of Christ" attire, one which he dons only when I make a visit. Ah well, only one other person knows of my existence. The movie was awesome, and afterward I decided to go around checking things out, to the surprise of my cellmates, like Cavan, and other churchmates, like Dillon.


Sam, Faith and I had a Christmas tree shot, albeit blur due to poor lighting, but nonetheless, I'm honoured to be with these warriors for God. Strong in faith and trust. It's my joy and honour to be with you, Faith and Samuel.


Then we slacked by Downtown East, with Valerie fetching the robot that I forgot to bring back (my bad). Before we rested for the night, I shared with Sam one of my goals to accomplish, and that is to ensure that my friends are doing fine despite the little saga that happened a short while 2 months'  earlier.

6 December 2014

Woke up late today and failed to honour God with my time. I'm glad for the opportunity at night to do so. Thankfully, we get to try out the trigoCrane, a robot designed to teach Trigonometry, and Samuel found it engaging enough to keep at it (all built upon a basic foundation of Trigonometry, nonetheless).

After slacking for the afternoon, we're back at church, and it was lovely to check out how the youth were doing. Generally, not to different from what I noticed last time around. Zeal was lacking, as always; whether they express the love they receive from God or, in the game of Megalife, not, doesn't change the fact that God loves them dearly. That goes with every church. 

The message was more confirmation of the theme for 2015, which I conjecture is The Year of Overcoming Power, the boldness and power of the Holy Spirit preached by Pastor Joachim that enables us to overcome fear in evangelism.



And of course, we must slack and enjoy company, as always. So it's time to go crazy with them youth. At night, I shared with Sam my Rhema word, and had Quiet Time while enjoying a nice glass of Yoghurt. Cheers.


7 December 2014

Woke up less late but still late, and left the house a bit late to reach church a bit late, to check out my ex-churchies jamming on the instruments. It was indeed nice to see them again after quite a heck of a long time. And I'm glad that they're back to normal. While I describe my life as a cosine curve, going down then up, I reflected on the life of a close friend of mine and saw that it resembled a sine curve, peaking at March and plunging at September. Now we're all cool, and I'm glad. I'm glad.


Of course, I had to seize every opportunity with these people before I journey to the West and unlikely ever return in at least a year, so these pictures are in memoir of them.


To end of the 包车 Weekend, Different Tastes. The last time we came was during Marc's birthday, and even then I had to rush off to attend some random Chinese play. Ew.


And it's off to the West...not before a short nap at Sam's before bon voyagé.

It was a joy an honour to visit. Lovely people, all debts settled, and an awesome end to an awesome 2014. Every year gets better than the previous one, surprisingly, so 2015 is likely not to buck that trend. 2015: The Year of Overcoming Power!

Maybe I should have a 包车 Weekend every year! Oh, and Photo-of-the-Day 2015 will commence soon too! Do follow my instagram account @joelkindiakpotd15 to check it out!

Blessings,
Joel Kindiak

No comments:

Post a Comment