Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Inspiring in Suffering by Faith

Before I begin, let me say that suffering is  never caused by God. Suffering is the result of the sinful nature of humans and God will do all that He can to end our suffering permanently. 

Yet, Romans 8:28 tells us that God makes all things, good and bad, work out for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. Believe it or not, it is possible to honor God amid suffering.

In my case, I became very sick in April/May his year. The folds on my skin tore and every small movement (eg folding my arms) gave me a burning sensation. I became so sick I had to stop going to school and having GP tuition. It was horrible. During this time my family kept on declaring by faith that "by His stripes I am healed".

Eventually after visiting In Him Church and receiving prayer from the members there, my parents had the prompting to purchase a certain brand of cream and moisturizer that my skin reacted positively to, and eventually my skin was more or less completely healed, even better than I was before I was sick, albeit with a little bit of remnant areas which we are believing by faith to be healed.

Throughout the time I was sick, I felt like giving up. I felt as though God did not want to heal me. Yet, my spirit did not give up, since God has promised healing of chronic illnesses in the Bible. So we kept confessing faith and not fear, trusting that God is faithful in keeping His promise. At the end of it all, after I had my final GP session before the A levels, my GP tutor told me, "You've taught me that it's possible to remain joyful in the midst of suffering."

Keep the faith, don't give up on trusting God, and people will still see God's glory in you, even if you are suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment