Thursday, December 31, 2015

Looking Back on the Year of Overcoming Power

Looking back, these 18 years have nothing short of a blessing. I have been an easily angered, attention-seeking prick for the first 14 years. Yet, discovering God's unmerited favor for me has transformed me tremendously.

I love SAJC. Amid the gossip about me that for some reason I do not hear about and the imperfections that come from even a mission school, God has used SAJC to restore everything that I've lost. Friends, grades and even on-stage stardom, the latter being one I officially retire from.

I've experienced success in my studies and healing for my body. I've matured a lot more in my thinking and know how to love genuinely. I've grown so much closer to God and have experienced His threefold blessings, physical, emotional and spiritual, time and again.

I've learnt that there are people who genuinely care for me and not everyone is living for their own sakes. I've learnt that friendships can last even when seasons don't, so long as we choose to be intentional in making them last. Most importantly, I've learnt that I don't know everything and need to stay humble and keep learning, lest my pride bring me a great fall.

2015 has indeed been a Year of Overcoming Power, where I overcome so many physical, emotional and spiritual barriers by the favor and empowerment of God. May 2016, the Year of New Beginnings, surpass 2015 in quality and in quantity, and may God use me for even greater exploits to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment