Friday, April 22, 2016

No Regrets, No Turning Back

To everyone who actually reads this blog, let me say that today is a huge day. It's the day I'm getting baptised, and it's the first baptism I really knew what I was doing (was baptised once in K2, no clue what was going on). Today is the one day I declare that in following Jesus, I'll, by God's grace, have no regrets and won't turn back no matter what. God has been too good to me for the past 5 years since I got to really know Him. Thus, I chose Joel Kindiak, even though "Kindiak" in and of itself has no meaning, as my baptism name, as a representation of the overwhelming goodness and grace of God for me in my life and specifically the past 5 years of my life. These 5 years God has shown me what His grace really was like, contrary to the "balanced" teachings on grace many churches in Singapore preach. His grace compels me to obey, to follow. No regrets, no turning back.


Here are some highlights.










The main highlight, however, is the piece of green paper below.


This paper contains affirmations from most of the J1 SFC members. I expected 4 chunks instead of this almost 20. It stunned me when I heard the story; a few of them were writing, the others asked what for. They replied, "Joel's baptism," and soon after the others started to write as well. I was touched as I was admittedly not as close to them, though I made an effort to get to know them as well as possible and was close to SFC as a whole, and yet they still offered their affirmation of my choice. I was very much touched and know that all the more I can't take SFC or any of its J1 members for granted.

This was a blessed baptism, above all. No Regrets, No Turning Back.

26/4/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment