Sunday, September 1, 2013

2 September 2013

So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ ” -Luke 10:27

These two commandments are the sum total of God's law (God's measurement for man's righteousness). Here's my question: can we as humans love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, with all our strengths, and with all our minds, God's first commandment?

God knows we can't fulfill it. So what He did is, in essence, saying, "I know you cannot love Me with all that you've got. Watch Me; I'm going to love you with all My heart, with all My soul, with all My mind and all My strength," and gave His life for us at the cross! By knowing this then we can love back, because Christ loves us and Christ loves God through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment