Wednesday, May 14, 2014

11 May 2014

...they did not keep God’s covenant and refused to live by his law. They forgot what he had done, the wonders he had shown them. [Psalm 78:10-11]

The reason why the men of Ephraim (Psalm 78:9) turned away, and the reason why we become disobedient, is because we forget what he has done, the wonders He has shown us. Think about the last sin (or any sin for that matter) and notice a pattern: every sin stemmed from a forgotten identity in Christ.

As such, how do we overcome sin? Well, when we fail, that's the time we're most undeserving of God's goodness, and that's the time we should declare, "I thank You Daddy God, for You know all my bad and still love me. Thank You that You value me greater than Jesus, heaven's best. And I am righteous in Your eyes. Sin has no dominion over me, for I am not under law but under grace"

For you remember God's wonders in sacrificing Jesus for you. You see His finished work in making you purely righteous. And it's by His grace and His obedience, not by your obedience, that you're righteous. What security this brings in knowing that you are eternally righteous because of His finished work!

No comments:

Post a Comment