Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Testimony of St Andrew's Junior College (20 May 2014)

Hi guys! It's been quite some time since the last time I'm in AHS. I'm here to share you my experience with SAJC and why you should go there.

On a light note, SAJC has the best-looking T-shirts in the market. Seriously, no other JC can compete with the Saints. Oh and one more thing, you're not a 'student' in SAJC. You're a 'Saint'. 

But my experience as a Saint goes deeper than that. The thing that stands out the most in SAJC is the family culture. Aside from our main motto Up and On, we also have this side-motto: one family unbroken. And I am telling you: SAJC lives up to that motto. Though it's a Christian school (and I'm a Christian myself...if it weren't obvious by my preaching a the past few years), people from all religions accept each other for being a Saint. It is identity in the school value of one family unbroken that causes us to be bonded.

Now, there are some people who decide to be anomalies to the motto... But on a whole, the Saints are one family unbroken. When you feel down, another Saint is there to pick you up. I'm telling you, God has so blessed SAJC that He loves the students even through people who don't believe in Him. That's because SAJC is a blessed school.

Now, some of you think that SA is a "party/clubbing-school". To some extent, it's true in the sense that we Saints know how to have fun. School  events like LiveCon, which is our yearly concert, as well as sports matches and performance arts shows, usually experience a full house. And that probably is an understatement, considering that we Saints love each other like no ones business.

That said, no JC student can escape the content jump. You may breeze through O's with no effort at all and purely relying on politically correct material in your essays, but the A's are a whole new playing field. You actually need to put in the slightest effort to get your facts right. Yes, we can have fun, but when it gets down to business, we get serious on work. Saints are one competitive bunch! Well, at least I am one of them. So there is rigor and there is work to be done, but we Saints get the best of both worlds of work and play. Truest fame lies in high endeavor!

Distance-wise, most students experience a long journey to school. I take 1 hour to and fro if not for my dad who sends me there every morning. That said, distance really is is the largest price to pay for entering SA, and even that isn't much. Long distance is, honestly, the worst excuse to pass on going to SA.

All in all, have I regretted putting SAJC as my first choice despite having a raw score of 7 and so many more opportunities out there for me? Not a chance. SA rocks to the max. In fact, I heard many of my ex-classmates from another prestigious east-side school groaning and moaning that they weren't in SA. SA has an awesome family culture, really interesting work-play balance, and also has the favor of God upon her. Don't hesitate; this is the place for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment