Friday, August 29, 2014

29 August 2014: Farewell Weekend – 1. Farewell Friday

29.08.2014, 1648 hours: Today marks what I call my 'Farewell Weekend': my final weekend in Riverlife Church. Subsequently, I would find a church nearer to my house located in Clementi, hoping to find a community to settle which, of course, is Spirit–directed, just like how we described it in yesterday's Project Logos discussion (ref http://projectlogos.wix.com/logos#!Mark-1-Jesus-as-Servant/cu6k/6619C1E7-8EA2-4B08-BD69-5AC86EA10024).

The day started with me waking up late and having the need to scurry on to school, mae it just in time. Body zonked, coffee unconsumed, my bod was just out of whack. The day went fine; I tried to do my Economics homework during Math lecture but did not memorise the provided examples. As such, I have found out my task during the revision–intensive September holidays. It's going to be pretty challenging, in my opinion, but I am going to declare success over my studies, that it's none of self but all of Christ, and that there will be no more stressful days (yesterday I was VERY stressed and freaked out over the large workload, but I guess the work is about to be finished in 2–2.5 hours, tops, and I can enjoy this Farewell Weekend to the fullest, unburdened by work.


30.08.2014, 0034 hours: Just washed up and I have got a lot to write.

So Benjamin and I did Math (yes, I forsook my GP stuff, but I felt it was more fun and helpful to to help him with Integration, and it was encouraging that he was able to grasp the concept well. Afterward, I went for cell dinner (was chased by Vanessa and Yii Jie to go to Kopitiam, LOL), trapped in the food court for some time due to heavy rain. The rain stopped, we traversed some sewage rivers (along the alleyway to church) and played Sardine: a hide–and–seek game involving 1 hider vs everyone else as seeker. I was elected to hide. Right there and then I knew these guys planned something for me, since it were a unanimous effort. I couldn't find a good hiding spot, so the others helped me climb the secret stairway to the rooftop. It was fun and all scaring our cellmates in the dark and surprising most of them...but the kicker came when I was welcomed to the room with a J balloon...


30.08.2014, 0118 hours: And then we had fun dancing around the balloons. And we had a nice photo–taking session where I got my first chance at using the selfie stick! This was followed by a blackout and a video presentation (wow, they really took the extra mile here!), featuring my favourite verse (2 Corinthians 5:21) and the song that opened with it (Jesus Messiah by Chris Tomlin). It featured the photos which I had with cell, the photos at Logos Gathering and other miscellaneous ones. Thereafter I was presented the hand-made gift of a scrapbook: incredibly sentimental and incredibly lovely, 💕



I feel honoured.

I was given the opportunity to preach. I'm telling you, I felt so overwhelmed by the balloons and the effort that the cell put in to give me a blessed farewell. So I took some time to get some mental footing before I shared on 'None of Self; All of Christ' (not too detailed, since I also didn't prepare anything). Just a quick sharing on how we can be shameless for God (not be afraid of others' judgements) because our lives aren't even about us; it's about Jesus!

I feel honoured.

Then came a 'hot-seat' moment: the time where my cell went in a round giving their best wishes to me. Some were cheesy and others corny, but all of them are so, so precious. Many encouragements, from keeping the fire for God to not losing my identity, from staying relatable to continue being a blessing...I receive them all in Jesus' name. And for the ones who I did not write cards to, I gave them each a specific exhortation or two during my turn, that they may use their gifts for the Lord and overcome difficulties not by effort but by grace. 

I feel honoured.

My cell prayed for me, praying for a smooth transition and sustained connectivity with the cell (they added me back into our cell's Whatsapp chat, which I promised never to leave ever again). I had to pray for these people, that God use them in mighty ways to get His gospel out there, to save souls in and out of church. God is moving; we need to catch the flame! The day ended with really candid shots. 


I feel honoured.

It was so sweet how I got attention–when I wasn't looking for it at all. I actually thought this would have been the conventional cell session where there's worship and cell and the Word studies. I'm very, very thankful to the cell for just being around. I enjoy their presence. And I enjoy their love every week (I'm a quality time person). Thank you for loving me. I have wronged you by my faulty self–seeking mindset, but after God broke that in me I saw and felt the love. Thank you so much. Also thanks to the planning committee who planned today. It was awesome. Just awesome. Exceeded my expectations by a longshot.

Thanks for the scrapbook! Love it tons. Read them all and am incredibly touched by them. I'm sure I will read them again and reminisce our experience once again. Thanks Phyllis for overseeing this Farewell; I am thankful and honoured by it. Thanks for the superb attention to detail (verse and song) and the incredible organisation/compilation of the scrapbook. I am so much more than impressed and honoured today. Thank you, Shnameless. Stay shameless, alright?


Tomorrow: fancy outfit dressing.

:Blessings, Joel Kindiak





No comments:

Post a Comment