Sunday, February 2, 2014

3 February 2014

And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.” [Genesis 22:12]

This is not just a story of sacrifice: it's a story of God's sacrifice. Abraham and Isaac climbing Mount Moriah (Genesis 22:2) is a picture of Christ climbing Mount Calvary (Luke 23:33), which is in the same mountain range as Mount Moriah. Isaac carrying the wood (Genesis 22:6) pictured Jesus carrying the cross (John 19:17)

God told Abraham, 'Now I know that you fear God (me), since you have not withheld your son, your only son, (Isaac) from Me.' By the same token, we can cry out to God, 'Now I know that you love me, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, Jesus, from Me!'

Song of the Day: Love's Sacrifice http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J4SFvuxB16Q

No comments:

Post a Comment