Wednesday, June 11, 2014

#junehols2014 [11 June 2014] Steep Hiking @ Kent Ridge Park

Woke up late again...chose to sleep in cause of my timed work schedule a couple of hours later...until I realise that I had to be in school by 8.40. *gasp* Well I reached the school at 10.40am and unsurprisingly the discussion was over, so I went off to HarbourFront where I did some Gaseous State Chemistry (understanding the application of the ideal gas formula PV = nRT) and some Functions Math (gave up at question 7, not because of difficulty, but because of sheer boredom). I considered to head off to Kent Ridge for some lovely time alone with God.

Also received an account of an awesome presence of the Lord by my churchmate:

"I'm at the coffee shop having breakfast and you know how people have those red offering stuff with the joss sticks and all. So the Chinese men lit the joss sticks and were worshipping the idol. Then, I felt that it was wrong (defiance of the 1st/2nd of the Ten Commandments, boldface mine) and as I stared at the fire, I was repeating God's words, "Whatever devil that's there, be gone in the name of Jesus for these people do not know who they are worshipping. God has their souls and not you. As a child of God, we have authority over all things through Christ Jesus," and then the flame went out, and now the people at the coffee shop are like finding out what happened to the joss stick and they're confused and trying to fix, causing my faith to increase. Really thank God for this."

Isn't it awesome! I like the part where it says, "As a child of God, we have authority over all things through Christ Jesus". That part is completely biblical and in context! (Galatians 4:7) This encourages me that the Lord can use any one of us to establish His kingdom on earth, and at the name of Jesus, demons flee. God has given Joel Chang the authority to perform the supernatural, not so that I may find it cool, but that the Gospel be further established throughout the earth.

Anyway, so I did go to Kent Ridge Park, and man was it a hike! Was quite an adventure for me, hiking the steep hills and getting bitten by who knows what. However, I didn't find what I was looking for, which was the filming site which my church mates filmed their cover of "I Wonder" by Leeland (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KaIndnPS7A). Oh well, woteva. I'll search for that next time around, then!



Went home with nice dinner and sharing by mom, on how she freely received favour with God and with men. Also enjoyed doing some paper handicraft for an upcoming occasion (gotta prep or else I'd look shabby during the occasion...) and that's it!

Reflections:
  1. Be early for all meetups...or don't expect to be welcomed.
  2. Repetitive Math is repetitive and boring.
  3. There is power in the name of Jesus. Our relationship with God, as well as the supernatural properties that entail, are real and not merely a figment of imagination. We literally have superpowers, but the effect when we use them to advance His kingdom and establish His reign on earth as it is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment