Sunday, June 22, 2014

#junehols2014 [22 June 2014] Ah, Sunday!

Well, here's to another Sunday! Woke up in the morning to fill in for my leader (who was busy with another task at hand) for serving, and thankfully his co–leader took the job instead, meaning that I need not exercise any authority (which I had none to begin with). We did what we needed to to, jammed a while with Marc's guitar to some classics, and argued about how the old songs were richer than the more recent additions. I love arguing.

My leader then came later to give us practical advice on Project Logos, how we can set up a much more systematic way to facilitate the discussion, which will take effect from Genesis 49 onwards (let's finish Genesis 48 and move on). We intended to have weekly meetups to discuss what we will do in the week, with the rest of Project Logos. It's definitely a very long–term commitment, one which I'm sure I'll be incredibly, thoroughly blessed by.

At 1050 hours, I was so prepared to go for the 2nd service..and my P6 churchmate came to me. Math. *On Sunday? ><><* Nonetheless, since God has given me a gifting in Mathematics, I shall use it to His glory. So we did math for the next 1 hour and 40 minutes...both of us looked like we were going to die (surprisingly for me, considering that I'm a Math maestro), but once we were done, I went up for the service. In all brute honesty, since I came too late, missing the worship session and the introduction to the speaker having no whatsoever context of his preaching, I zonked out during the sermon, trying to fool the All Stars that I was in Japan. Sorry, speaker.

After sermon, I went for a nice lunch with another churchmate, and in it we talked about grace and law. We talked about how grace and law have their purposes, and we should not mix them up. Sidenote: whilst walking there, we talked about how we need to be careful not to let even faith become a work (law). The law was not designed for us to obey; it was designed to show us our sinfulness, not our redemption, and grace gives us redemption. If we ever preach the law, we need to bring Christ out of it! Also, God's truths do not contradict, and we can allow the truths to mingle. One thing we must be conscious of is to refrain from depriving each truth from their power when we do mingle them in a single sharing. It is important to preserve the value of BOTH truths.


After lunch, I had intention to enjoy nice view at the National Library...however due to the low cash in my ex-link card, I decided to go home early and take a nice nap while I am at it. Woke up, dinner and onto my study of Genesis 49! It's interesting to view Matthew Henry's points, albeit a tad bit boring. Tommorow I'll consolidate John Wesley's points for our Servants discussion tomorrow on Genesis 49. And with that, lailah tov!

Ah, Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment