Sunday, June 29, 2014

#junehols2014 [27 June 2014] Superlife Gathering

#tootiredtorecount

Alright, here are some highlights of the day

  • Woke up early with my brother and travel from Clementi to Pasir Ris. Thank God for my brother's wisdom in telling me to wait for an extra train...so that it would be empty and I could sleep well!
  • Went to Downtown East to rant about my feelings of rejection. I had to let it go momentarily, but if I really want to overcome I'll need to get a solution rather than just rant. I need solutions. On the bright side, my trip back to White Sands for breakfast was complimented by an enjoyably windy, breezy morning.
  • Made new friends in TAP in the Gathering. It's interesting also to note how people complain of me too dominating (in a good way) when I didn't even try to lead. That's just how God created me. Weird, huh? As a group, we did play some nice icebreakers like Electric Current and get to at least have fun together.
  • We also had ministry time, where we played lots of games and had fun. This kid called Kevin tried to distract the rest, but when he came to me, I took advantage of it to shut him up that he may not distract the rest. Pretty cool dude, albeit a tad attention-seeking.

  • Wesley intruded our time of encouragement by reminding us of our purpose of serving. I felt that it would be helpful on the basis that everyone had themselves a firm identity of Christ. And, as a matter of fact, I doubt that many of us did, and may start to confuse this reminder and correction as laws again. It's easy to fall into that trap. 
  • Had short time of hunk–to–hunk talk with Benjamin on the way to MRT Station, talking about the issues of pride, as well as the imminence of Christ's return. It's scary not for us, since we are saved, but for our friends who haven't and would face the wrath of God. There's no time left.
  • Went back to church for cell but slacked outside Grace Chapel for a while, while Chee Yann recounted the history of TAP. It intrigues me to hear of the rise and fall of that ministry, as with Usher Team and even my life; which is going through yet another transition.
  • Had cell with Shnameless, but left early for Project Logos. Nonetheless, here's a nice photo of a game which we played, where it's execution of simple instructions, where differing interpretations of those instructions bring about its difficulty and complexity.




No comments:

Post a Comment