Monday, June 23, 2014

#junehols2014 [23 June 2014] Homie Day

Woke up early in the morning only to realise that my tuition session is cancelled. I'm starting to doubt that this student really wants to have tuition, giving me all sorts of excuses to skip tuition lessons. I'm guessing tomorrow afternoon she'll give me another stupid excuse to not have tuition. It's not my loss...it's hers.

Went to the bank to get a new card; a card that actually works (my current card was a tad bit faulty). After that, I met a churchmate for an in-depth study/reserach of Genesis 49...although we ended up watching a marathon of Messed-Up Bible Stories videos. These videos are to be taken with a light heart...don't get overly offended, greater glory child of God!

We went to Paya Lebar and, since I was lost, walked a station to the next coffee shop, where we enjoyed lunch. Well, ate lunch. The food wasn't good, I had to wait for the electricity to start up before I could even purchase my food, and the transactions there didn't seem too upright. Not that they are not, but the degree of it is quite un–trustable. Nonetheless, I had to eat.

After that, we went to Bugis to print some documents (specifically, the Genesis 49 research from Matthew Henry and John Wesley...only to realise that the whole document would have cost me $3.00 for 10 pages. Not very economic. So we bailed and went to Dhoby Ghaut to get my churchmate a haircut, which he felt the desperate need for. Then, we met another churchmate to retrieve some classic photography film, whilst yolo-ing for a while, such as selfie-ing in the middle of the road. Though a bit late, we finally met another churchmate of ours and went to his house, where we awkwardly accepted his family's dinner cooking. My tummy started to growl, and I rushed to the toilet. Right there, I sensed overwhelming stress and pressure in leading Project Logos...and I just let go and let God. I can't do this, but He can. I let God take all my fears and my stresses in the toilet.

Coming out, we began chilling and discussing about some key aspects of our activity and how we were going to run it. We needed to infuse structure and cleanliness to the whole system so as to not confuse the rest. All in all, we chilled, prayed, talked Bible and just had a great time, all time.


No comments:

Post a Comment