Wednesday, June 18, 2014

#junehols2014 [18 June 2014] Chinese Garden Pagoda

I started the day with a 25-mark Economics essay, where I gave up repeating the second part of the essay. Then I did the Math questions which I planned in a hour in 10 minutes. Fast. And comes Chinese tuition homework. Argh the torture, but thank God I did it anyway (with blocks of distractions provided by my oh-so-wonderful Macbook Air. With that done, I try very hard to convince my two friends to go to Adventure Cove for our meet up, which as of 1240 hours, they are still vehemently against this idea. Haiz. When will I ever go to Adventure Cove?

Regardless, I took my butt and went off to Jurong Bird Park. Or so I did until I saw the Chinese Gardens and the Lakeside. Hence, I dropped off at Lakeside to visit the 7-Eleven store which was  still there ever since I left Boon Lay to stay in Bedok. After a brief nostalgia, it's off to the Gardens. Wow was it a breath taker to just enjoy the calm and peaceful lake, quite unusually considering that the lake/garden was amidst a relatively urban setting (everything in Singapore is urban, lol). I stopped and a bench and started to read God's Word, reading to see how David being appointed shepherd over the people represents Jesus being my shepherd, and how Genesis 48 is yet another foreshadowing of the Divine Exchange. Also, the trees did shield me from the blistering afternoon sun and gave me a relatively comfortable rest.

From there I took a nice stroll along the gardens and not to be rude or anything, but I felt quite bored. I think I've seen quite enough of trees over the past few outings already. That said, I did climb the pagoda nearby. Not too much of a challenge; I actually wished that it was higher/steeper, a basically more adventuring endeavour, but the view up there was quite nice.



Anyway, after that, I took a nice walk around Westgate, the recently opened shopping mall at Jurong East, and as always, the thing that catches my attention all the time was the Popular bookstore! I walked around, playing around with some Apple gadgets at the Challenger outlet and browsing through some Nintendo 3DS games, some of which I already had previously owned. It was nostalgic to some degree and a nice walk through an air-conditioned shopping mall in the midst of a regularly blistering how Singapore day.

With that, I travelled to Bedok to go home...until I got caught up in the train ride in drawing the flag of Nepal using Graphmatica. As such, I spent some time in MacDonalds to try to complete some steps. I think I've finished step 10 out of 20-something, which is quite a feat considering that I'm calculating the details of the flag numerically.

With that, I had a nice dinner with my brother and mother. In all honesty, I felt quite pressurised considering that I wanted to finish this journal entry (sadly, I'm rushing with this all night rather than going through it by parts) and hence missed out on the fellowship that I could have otherwise enjoyed.

Reflections:

  1. Stay consistent with work and don't rush them at one go.
  2. Enjoy the plants. They benefit you by cooling you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment