Thursday, June 26, 2014

#junehols2014 [26 June 2014] Chilling

Once again, I woke up early to meet an appointment at school today. It was a meeting for preparations for Christian Mission Week (CMW), where I’m involved in the publicity portion of the event. My parents and I had breakfast, once again, and it was a nice one. I don’t know how many times I’ve thanked Mom and Dad, but you two are just…I love you.

During the meeting while discussing which I was unessential in, I asked Tamara over text once again what she was going to do to celebrate her 14th, which just so happens to be today. After some of her concerns, she finally reported an outing with her homies, and thus finally have an extraordinary birthday. That’s cool and all, and I’m glad for her. That said, I do feel a bit nostalgic and…well…hurt when I look back at all my birthdays.

No one invited me for a celebration. No friend actually remembered my birthday (well, I think about 4 people do, but still). I celebrate my birthday with my family, but outside my family, no one remembers. Heck, not even my cell gave me a card. (sidenote: huge thanks to Ryan, my cell leader for the card) Either I’m actually feeling extremely hurt by such ignorance or I’m putting on a facade of “I’m fine” to curb unnecessary hurt, that once again, my friends clearly do not value me to remember my birthday. I don’t know, but for now I’ll keep seeing myself as unimportant to others. Of course, I’ll never ever downplay on the identity which Christ died to bestow me with, that I am greatly blessed, highly favoured and deeply loved by Daddy God, but with regards to other homo sapiens around me…that’s a different issue altogether. I think.

Anyway, during the meeting, due to extreme boredom, I went online to read up on the Riemann hypothesis and Riemann zeta function, which I sensed the mantle to prove/disprove unto the glory of God. I had to do more in-depth comprehension on complex numbers in order to even try comprehending the Riemann hypothesis, especially the concept of a complex exponential. The point is this: when my friends saw me so heavily crazed up over Mathematics, they jokingly complained to tell me to stop it and all, to which I jokingly also replied, “No.” I mean, it’s all in the name of fun, but that’s the fun–the reactions. It’s all about the reactions!

After the meeting I met Mom for lunch, and we ate at Old Town White Coffee nearby the Novena MRT station. As we ate, we talked about how our childhood games rocked in comparison to today’s digitalised system of running things, and wow it was fun, to get involved in all the noise and the laughter and the excitement in just spending time with our families (Mom’s siblings/cousins, as well as mine) and peers. Clearly, there is a lot more interaction and nostalgia in the olden days when juxtaposed to today’s iPads and techno–savvy gadgets. That’s lunch, and with that I made my way over to North Point, Yishun.

Sitting at the MacDonald’s outlet with a $4.95 cheesecake on my table and a nice window view of the train tracks outside, I would expect a meaningful time there. I sat there enjoying the Epistle to the Romans by Apostle Paul, up till I got to the end of Chapter 3. His language pretty much mind–boggled mine and I laid my head on the table to rest. During this time, I was still listening, on loop, Darlene Zschech’s Revealing Jesus album. Seriously, all these tracks just exult Jesus so clearly; go get it. When I woke, I definitely felt more energised and more charged to keep reading Romans. As I read, this little girl peered through the glass window. I kind of played by making weird sounds on the glass and definitely made her laugh. I’m sure she saw my Bible, so I was thinking, “Why not show her John 3:16?” Unfortunately what I had at the moment was NKJV, which would brain fry her, and so I took my phone out to flip to the NIV version…only that I was too late as her Muslim mother chased her away and back to her seat. Sigh.

Then there was this Chinese boy. He was also getting restless and cranky…until I started making funny faces toward him (well, I tried to) and made him laugh. I love it when children laugh. They show off the beauty that lies in them. We’ll see where God takes me in the future, hopefully along the lines of Children’s Ministry.

Then I was about to take a direct bus to Tampines and from there another bus home, but I realised that I would be spending the night at my cousins, so why not head off to the West directly? And so I did, taking the train and ending up at Jurong Point, Boon Lay. On my way here, my churchmate texted me to inform me of the Usher Gathering tomorrow, which, to my dismay, involved wet games as the reminder text included a reminder to bring extra clothes as well as slippers. I decided that if I were to attend tomorrow, I would sit out of the games. I’ll be, in essence, a visitor, and don’t you make me get wet! Travelling along, another churchmate talked about how she’s starting on another “module” as I would interpret it for her homeschooling course, focusing on the book of Proverbs. I was complaining; why didn’t they have one on Romans, the most epic book in the Bible? And I also ranted on how I was not allowed to take Bible Knowledge as an O level subject due to the bane of being a school candidate, as well as how even if I did, I had to memorise the two longest books in the Bible (Luke and Acts) instead of the epic ones like Romans, Hebrews and John, even. All these kept me occupied as I took the trains to Boon Lay.

Here, I walked a bit to find the nice window view. At first the most obvious candidate was Starbucks, that was, before I realised that the only available seats were non air–conditioned. And we all know that non air–conditioned seats in Singapore is one of the most frustrating, considering how oven–like this country is become in temperature. I kept searching and ended up at the Kopitiam, where I type this recount in the scenic view of a construction site. Hey, at least I get to see the cranes movings stuff with a backdrop of white clouds painted unto a sky of blue. And the way the cranes do it is quite intriguing too, might I add.



Met my brother and went to my cousin’s place together. We then united with my cousins and had dinner. Before that, I messed around the settings on my aunt’s computer just to see how irritated she might feel. Meh. for the lols. We then played some really old classics like Old Maid, Happy Family and a long, intense game of Ludo. Sounds ancient? Time for Project Logos, and time for bed. My feelings are pestering me…all found in the ‘Feelings’ blogpost. With that, lailah tov!



No comments:

Post a Comment