Friday, June 6, 2014

#junehols2014 [6 June 2014] MBS coffee break

Woke up, raced through 30 minutes from 0800 through 0830 washing up, applying medicine, etc, before racing another 45 minutes to finish one Economics essay. And that, my friend, is one big doozy. Thank God I finished it, even though quality-wise might actually be compromised...

Upon Economics, next up is a blitz 30 minutes of Chemistry. Questions in A levels repeat. So I skipped over my unclear questions which I can't solve in a snap and completed the rest first, before returning to settle unfinished business. All in all, I got a percentage worthy of an 'A'; next time I'll perfect the multiple choice questions...

Then Math. I usually do not complain, considering that Math is my forte, but solving 1 hours worth of questions to get me half of the way there is definitely a drag. Sure, I'm strong at Math and Chemistry, by the grace of God, but still the questions get quite repetitive over time. Maybe I should try some Olympiad questions...

Went to town to visit the Gardens, however it was definitely too wet and stormy for me to even take a chance. So I dropped off at Bayfront MRT Station and took a nice tour of Marina Bay Sands instead. It definitely was a posh, luxurious place. Surprisingly, even though I'd expect everything there to be overpriced, the coffee was actually quite a decent deal, with $3.00 getting me quite some coffee! I figured; might as well enjoy a second cup!



I also met this dude from Bangladesh. Quite difficult to communicate, considering he doesn't have as much of a mastery of the English language as yours truly. That said, it was a great experience talking to him and hearing about how he feels about his country and his perspectives on faiths, with him being Catholic Christian and I, Protestant Christian. Definitely a nice guy to be with. Just difficult to actually exchange largely comprehensible information.

After that I remained at my seat with a cup of warm milk, reading through God's word through 2 Corinthians. It was quite an exciting read, considering the context of Paul's writing as he penned down his letter. Going home, I rested and had a blessed discussion with Project Logos.

Reflection:
1) Plan before your essay. It helps a huge ton. Time management also plays an important factor (14 minutes for 8m qn, 18 for 10m, 27 for 15m and 31 for 17m), so get used to that over the June holidays before Common Test in July.
2) Know what you're doing for all papers.
3) Take a break after long hours, lest you get a brain fry...
4) Math may be fun, but 2 hours of repetitive steps get boring. Very boring. But the sense of freedom after accomplishment...very satisfying.
5) It's good to be a listening ear...that's what many people actually need.
6) Do not give oversight to the Word of God. There are hidden truths that are waiting for you to dig out!

No comments:

Post a Comment