Friday, June 20, 2014

#junehols2014 [20 June 2014] Punggolian Serenity

Woke up in the morning early to meet some friends in church for a study session, when I joined my lovely parents for a nice breakfast. They even offered me to take me to the train station, greatly increasing my convenience in travelling without compromising too much of their time. Thanks Mom and Dad!

On the train to Pasir Ris, I sat beside this Mom–daughter pair, so why not take this chance to make cute faces and see the toddler laugh? Annabelle was holding this olive green soft toy which she treasured, and to help engage her in interaction, I showed her a picture of Biggy, Cozy Heart and Yoshi too. It was interesting, since her mom sent her to the childcare before going to work. That’s lovely! Annabelle, don’t you dare flare up at mom for that. It’s a privilege to have your parents take you and back from school.

So I continued my journey to church, taking bus 354 while plugged into three great hits, ‘God is Here’, ‘Wake’ and ‘Hava Nagila’. At church, I began strong on a 25-mark Economics essay (2 parts; 10 and 15), of which for the first time ever I completed within the stringent 45 minute time limit. Praise the Lord! To continue onto a case study question was a bit of a bleargh for me, but when I got to the question which asked me of something I have had no idea of, I completely flipped out. Even the last essay, I just referred to the Ask-n-Learn portal for the solution, cos’ I’ve decided not to waste my brain cells any more here. Time for Math tuition at Rivervale, Sengkang.

On my way to Sengkang (I figured; why not just take bus service 3 to Punggol then take the train down to Sengkang? Much quicker and simpler route to travel), my student decided to cancel the session, as it was rare for her friends to actually hang out with her. Fair enough, since she’s the one in need of tuition, even though in my mind I’m thinking, “C’mon. I’ve got friends who never meet up.” Oh, whatever. I continued on my bus trip to Punggol and just realised how serene and posh this place was! Even the not-so-posh locations are of quite contemporary standard! My wife and I just need to stay here in the future. To continue my Punggol sightseeing, I took a trip on the Punggol LRT, and let me tell you how I just want to live in this serene, relaxing location. It’s much cleaner than the other parts of Singapore (relatively. I do know that Singapore already is one of the cleanest places on earth) and so, so serene. Lovely.



So once I’m done with Punggol, I figured that once I got rid of Physics, and if I consider my Economics work to be complete, then I would have finished all that I planned for the holidays (I did Math yesterday, remember?) and I would have a lovely 5-day break next week. I could definitely use these 5 days for catch-up with friends and, if I get homework from my tuition teachers, finish them before the week ends. Consistency is so important, and by the grace of God, He has given me the ability to do just that. So I went to Sengkang Mall to have lunch before embarking on my final Physics paper, and tried some Korean Ramen. In short: spicy instant noodles. Spicy. Woah! I then browsed through books at Popular (as I always do) and visited Precious Thots, in all honesty, for the LOLs. I didn’t have any intention to get anyone a gift; just wanted to look at all the cute teddy bears and aesthetically decorative trinkets.

At Starbucks, which seems to be my favourite studying haunt (followed by McCafé and Church, though Church is less favourable due to the unbearable heat here in Singapore), I was minding my own business doing Physics when everyone in Starbucks got shocked when we saw a Koel bird/crow/some black bird flying within the café. One lady even screamed in shock, and honestly, I found it quite amusing. Of course, I did not candidly express such amusement, lest I see my head on a silver platter. With the number of customers at Starbucks increasing, the students got chased out of the café (well, the air-conditioned parts) and had to make do with the non air-conditioned parts of the café, and let me tell you, it was quite uncomfortable. After completing more questions, I bailed out and sought refuge at MacDonalds, where they actually had space and decent air-conditioning for me to function well. My phone was almost dead, so I couldn’t refer to the notes that I made to include in today’s blogpost. As such, I would leave it to later while I travel to church.

I went home, got dinner, took a cool, refreshing shower, and hit the road once more as I head over to church for cell time. 

We had dinner at Downtown East (I enjoyed a cup of ice Horlicks) while trying to convince one of our JC–ridden cellmates to go for cell, which he procrastinated yet again for the umpteenth time. As he keeps procrastinating, he slowly distances himself from the cell. It might have to do with the debt issue of which I was given a revelation on Tuesday.

We had cell and it was quite a different setting, if I would say so myself. Of course, we reunited with those who didn’t go for camp, and we assimilated quite well. The sharing was authentic and deep, and I could share my revelation of how I’m no longer guilty to anyone and on this basis of guiltlessness can I live life to the fullest not affected by the storm of emotions that raged within me for the past 3 months.


In Project Logos, only Marc and I generally were talking. Admittedly, Genesis 48 was quite a boring chapter, and only once we moved into the Rhema and shared with simplicity did we get response from the members. It’s amazing how by sharing simple yet powerful keys that we can apply in our lives can we engage the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment