Monday, June 16, 2014

#junehols2014 [16 June 2014] Camp Kadash Day 4

Joel Kindiak
Date: 16 June 2014
Topic: #junehols2014 [16 June 2014] Camp Kadash Day 4

Today started off reasonably well with a rushed breakfast (seriously, we woke up 15 minutes before the reporting time, which included time for washing up and breakfast) and a morning service. This morning service, as with all other services, started off with me being concerned about snapping photos with treasured person(s)/peoples. I really need to trust God with this, considering that He has been faithful with me for the past few days and He will not fail now. He is awesome and His plans for me are marvellously marvellous. Pastor Daniel shared on the importance of confessing the love of God over ourselves, and here are some interesting points that He made that are quite applicable in our lives:

  • Affirmation is critical for the wilderness
  • You can do it for love or do it from Love
  • What you accept, you will empower in your life
  • The more you see the good things of God, the more you see His power flow through your life

After the sermon, we were tasked to write down a commitment card, where we wrote down of the Lord’s work in our lives. We included (1) what God has empowered over us this camp, (2) our action plan, (3) our declaration of victory over our specific areas of struggle. It was a precious moment for us to apply what we have learnt in Camp Kadash into our daily lives, and also to keep us accountable to our leaders for it. Too bad I’ve only 10 weeks, give and take, left in Riverlife Church, so my leaders and friends only have 10 weeks to help me out even more, but hey, I’m going to use whatever is before me to flow with the grace of God and flow with His Spirit.
We sang an age-old classic that still touches hearts and impacts lives even to this very day: Jesus Loves Me. It is a powerfully precious song, where we declared the love of God over our lives all the way once over. We went around hugging each other, just like last night, and this definitely was a powerful moment in history for Camp Kadash, as it is incredibly important to love each others as brothers (among guys) and sisters (among girls) and brothers and sisters (boundaries, haha), and remain united as one body of Christ. It is important. Incredibly. Super, la dey!

This being the last service, and for me my final Megalife Camp service, how can I not take more photos? Now, this time, I’ll be a *bit* more generous. So keep on reading to find out more. Since I’m at camp now, why not take the time to just thank some precious people in my life?

Undoubtedly, I have super precious people in my life that I need to recollect upon. I must thank my cell for being with me all this while and just enjoying each other as a cell. Kudos to my bro leaders Ryan and Justin, who has time and time again heard me pour out my complaints and be a wonderful listening ear for me. I cannot imagine bottling up my emotions and literally struggling  and fighting on the inside between my faith and my feelings for the longest time ever. Seriously, these two rock all the way. I’m by no means in any position to correct them, but I can encourage them, and my exhortation is that they continue flowing in the ways of the Spirit and continue to let God use them to transform lives and grow my cellmates that we may all grow to become incredibly strong me and women in Christ. May Jesus take centre place as we grow and develop. Specifically though, I want to thank Ming Sheng for taking great care of some precious friends of mine in the cell that he leads. Truly he is an inspiration for me to learn to lead with love, as with Ryan and Justin, and that my leadership should not be one of mere doctrine and hermeneutics, but a sensitive realisation of the Spirit’s direction in Project Logos. Once again, thank You Ming Sheng, Ryan and Justin for leading with love, and showing me with your life how to lead with love.

I must thank some people who I always hang out with on Sundays during Superlife ushering, and these are Faith, Reuben, Tamara and Benjamin. Faith and Reuben continually inspire me with their zee for the Lord, considering that when they open their mouths, all that comes out are Bible-related or Christianity-affiliated stuff, which is pretty much what I love the most, just delving into the Word of God and enjoying the truths that arise from them. You inspire me to keep growing even more zealous for the Word of God, for the Logos, and you guys will make amazing bible scholars in the future. Maybe we should go for Bible School together. 


Hi Tamara. My sarcastic little sister, always burning me with all sorts of height-related puns. Smarty pants. Well, in all seriousness, you have been my prime encourager (after the Lord, of course. But even then, He used you greatly) and all the ‘Boker tov’s and ‘koolkats’ make me LOL. I hope you remembered some of the things you told me that I hope I can use on you to encourage you as well, because God has spoken through you in many times when you didn’t feel He did. Trust me, He did, and I have been greatly blessed by your encouraging words, prayers and exhortations. I am blessed for your teachable heart and for hearing me out when I preach for no particular reason. I’ve got more to say, but that will wait till another time in the distant future.

Dear Benjamin, you are an amazing leader. You are just so flowing in the Spirit every time you encourage me to do things with love, to lead Project Logos with love and compassion for the rest who don’t seem to be able to catch up. You always correct me to apply the declarations of God’s Word over my life and I could not be more thankful to you for that. Thank You for letting God flow through you in such a transformative way that I cannot go back the same way I came from. I thank you for your passion in the Lord and in your openness in sharing your experiences every now and then to spur us on to serve with joy. You have exemplified, to some degree, the love of God through ministry, and that I want to learn, that people will remember me as the disciple whom Jesus loved.

Dear Project Logos, I am very blessed by you. You have helped me grow even more zealous or the Lord. Thank you, Reuel, Alvin and Marc, for your passion for Project Logos as well; without y’all I doubt I have the ability to spur on Project Logos for the glory of God. Thank you Alvin for your talents of being a great photographer, blessing the masses through the Project Logos Instagram account. I am and will never be as photographic or artistic as you; I’m largely sure of that. You are an artist; I believe so, and continue to use that for the glory of the Lord. Thank you Reuel for pretty much helping me out by hearing me out every now and then. I am quite largely impacted by your maturity and humility in how you consistently remind me of the importance to validate revelations with contextual scripture, so as to keep my sharing relevant and accurate to the text. And I thank you Marc for being the spiritual giant in Project Logos, always flowing as the Spirit leads and speaking Rhema words into our lives. I’m sure I’ve been blessed by the Rhema words on dry bones and many have been to. Thanks for hearing me out when I needed to lose steam; it was really helpful for my emotional life. I’ve seen you change since Kingdom Call last year and I am proud to boast of God’s grace in your life. Indeed, you are greatly blessed, highly favoured and deeply loved by the Lord God Almighty.

And now, for the photo gallery. The format is this: Photo [Name of friend/acquaintance] Here you go!
 Charlene Boo

 Ryan Chew

 
Carine Lai

 
Megan Tay

 District 15

Nikki Tan

Pastor Jeanette Low and Tamyra

Nicole Chew

 Pamela Chua and Phyllis Chua

Reuel Chua

Tamara Tan, Phyllis Chua and Lauren Lee

Ryan Chew and Darren Chew

Reflections:

  1. It is time to live radically for the kavod/doxa (Hebrew/Greek for ‘glory’) of God. My life is not about me but it is about Him.
  2. Jesus loves me this I know.
  3. May my ministry be one be acted from love and not for love.
  4. Thank your loved ones every now and then. It’s really heartwarming for them as well as yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment