Thursday, June 19, 2014

#junehols2014 [19 June 2014] Changi Airport

Took the morning to do Physics. I'm telling you: I got so bored of it! And after Physics it's Math, where I breezed through the paper with little difficulty.

Initially, I had planned to visit the Sri Mariamman Temple in Chinatown, but after my experience at the Buddha Tooth and Relic Museum the last time around, I think I'd better get some folks before entering another religious site. I do not want to invoke the fear of demons alone without my Christian brothers to help me out. As such, considering the ridiculously short amount of time I took to complete the Math paper, and considering that I have 3 to go to exhaust my Math exercises, I figured: why not use the rest of the afternoon doing Math? Tomorrow I can burn the morning doing Economics and on Monday, Physics. This would then give me 4 full days of play (in addition to 2 half-days of play on Friday and Monday), the final four weekdays of the June school holidays. Mathematics at Changi Airport, here I come!

Took a bit longer than expected to travel, but nonetheless I reached at about 0330 hours give and take. There I began by quest to complete 3 Mathematics papers in a marathon fashion, which I did, thanks to the grace of God manifested in the lovely Starbucks Café ambience as well as in the Christian music, which kept my mind focused on the task ahead of me. Oh, and also the love for Math that He gave me. That probably allowed me to speed through the papers with relatively little difficulty.

Whilst doing Mathematics, I met my churchmate! Well, we just so happened to be studying at Starbucks Café, so why not study together? Anyway, I continued Math while she did Chemistry, and boy is all that Organic Chemistry content a doozy. I gasped silently when I saw all the mind maps that contained all that information, momentarily, before returning to continue completing my Mathematics that I set out to complete to lighten my load (aka free week next week). Unlike the other practices, since this was a more balanced-out paper testing various topics, it was more engaging than the repetitive topical questions. Definitely feel more accomplished doing these papers than the topical questions, which just pathetically bore me.

Changi Airport was a surprisingly nostalgic place for me, not in the sense that I value that place that much (well, enough to warrant me going there to begin with), but that I got reminded of so many good memories that I previously had. Firstly, as the song "Healer" played, I was reminded of post-Kingdom Call's (Megalife Camp 2013) Fire Conference, and the epic preaching that the Lord did through me in class the following Tuesday. It was undoubtedly one of those faith-filled yet not without fear and trepidation of classmates judging me moments. I actually had the impression to do it one more time, this time around in St Andrew's Junior College, but I'll need confirmations for that. One more thing that I was reminded of was one of my overseas trips. I can't remember which one, but the recent ones since 2011 were all quite good, so regardless of the specific trip, I felt heart-warmed at the memory.

Now, I guess it's time to wind down a bit and start blogging, which just so happens to be what I'm doing, and also thank God for His goodness and just spend some time praying, indulging myself in the Word of God, just enjoying the things of God. Was enjoying the book of Proverbs. And it's 0930 hours, which meant another engaging time in Project Logos. Or so I think. I have come to realise that Genesis bores. And it's discouraging, some times. Nonetheless, under the influence of the Spirit, I typed what I would eventually share tomorrow, intending to send them in chunks, since I doubt anyone else would do it. I'm the crazy Bible freak.

It is amazing, however, to see Jesus. Just see Jesus and thank Him for...Him. Thank You, Jesus. I may get angry, I may feel like flipping out, but I thank You anyway. You work through me and You lead through me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment