Thursday, June 5, 2014

#junehols2014 [5 June 2014] Botanical Fellowship

Struggled to wake up in the morning, begging that I may have those few more precious minutes of sleep, that which I am unable to achieve on a regular school weekday. Completed my first Physics practice paper with a dismal 67% (my expectations are a simply standard 'A' for all subjects, by the grace of God) and Math topic on binomial expansion. Not too bad for a day one. Also discovered that my close friend is flooded with mountain piles of tuition and schoolwork, under which I would just collapse and crumble. How do you live with so much tuition!?

Met my cell leader, Ryan at Bedok MRT, and we travelled by train to the Botanic Gardens (bumping into Pastor Adrian on the green line). Caught in the rain, we sprinted from shelter to shelter until we found the eatery where we could commence our discipleship session. It was really good for me to let go of some of my feelings and to hear him out, although his wisdom may have gotten into my head, it may take a while before it sinks into my heart.


After that, I took a nice stroll at a now non-pouring Botanic Gardens. It's interesting to see reconstructed nature arranged in an easy-to-roam form for visitors to appreciate and sink into the beauty of botany. Next off, I travelled by train to church to rest and relax, bumping into Justina and her ex-classmate, Kahwai. Nice to meet another youth in church.

We had free worship and supper thereafter. Quite a fruitful day, in my opinion. Furthermore, my tuition appointments tomorrow are canceled, which reserves me totally for a tourist trip to the Gardens by the Bay!

Reflections:
1) With age comes wisdom
2) My cellmates try very hard to accept me, and I'm starting to soften to their efforts. Praise God!
3) Tuition sucks

No comments:

Post a Comment